Plans have been approved for the newest condo addition to the Upper East Side. A six-story parking garage at 152 East 87th Street will be transformed into a 19-story, 56-unit building designed by Ismael Leyva Architects with parking for 150 cars. New York YIMBY shared a few new renderings of the project, giving a closer look at the structure, which will have a few stepped setbacks topped by terraces.
Filings with the Department of Buildings indicate that the building will be divided into west and east towers, each of which will be topped with a full-floor penthouse. There will be multiple duplexes in each tower, and apartments will average 2,150 square feet. Gordon Haskett & Co. is the developer.
· New Look: 152 East 87th Street, Upper East Side Condo Conversion And Expansion [NYY]
· Here's Yet Another Glassy Garage-Replacing Condo Building [Curbed]
· All coverage of 152 East 87th Street [Curbed]
· Mapping The Development Boom Displacing New York's Cars [Curbed]
· The Old Upper East Side's New Development Boom, Mapped [Curbed]