Although developer Jerry Wolkoff likes to pretend he's partial to street arthe's including a few designated graffiti walls in his shiny new development!probably nothing's made him happier in his endeavor of eviscerating Long Island graffiti mecca 5Pointz in order to erect two bland rental towers than actually starting construction. As Court Square Blog points out, excavation is underway at 22-24 Jackson Avenue. Everything's in place for Wolkoff's project to move forward; permits were approved by the Department of Buildings in May for the two towers which will, between them, have about 1,100 apartments.
↑ So far as HTO Architects' design goes, this development is pretty bland looking.
· Excavation underway at 22-24 Jackson Avenue, former home of 5 Pointz [Court Square Blog]
· 5Pointz Replacement Will Have Feeble Dedicated Graffiti Walls [Curbed]
· Meet the Rental Towers Putting The Nail In 5Pointz's Coffin [Curbed]
· Graffiti Artists Sue Wolkoff Over Whitewashing of 5Pointz [Curbed]
· All 5Pointz coverage [Curbed]