The sixth of 15 buildings to rise in Prospect Heights' Pacific Park development has revealed itself. The 26-story building that will rise at 615 Dean Street is designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox and will have 245 condos that average a hefty 1,200 square feet a piece, New York YIMBY reports. Like its neighbor at 550 Vanderbilt, 615 Dean Street will have a precast concrete facade; but that's about as far as their similarities go. Permits for the building were filed back in June.
Work on the megproject formerly known as Atlantic Yards is moving at a rapid clip now. Although the project's been in the pipeline for over a decade and work's now commenced on at least four buildings, none of them have made it far out of the ground. Developer Greenland Forest City Partners expects to be plugging away at the site until at least 2025. So Prospect Heights: brace.
· Revealed: 615 Dean Street, KPF-Designed Pacific Park Condo Tower [YIMBY]
· See the Current State of Brooklyn's Pacific Park Megaproject [Curbed]
· A Guide To All the Megaprojects Transforming New York City [Curbed]
· All 615 Dean Street coverage [Curbed]
· All Pacific Park coverage [Curbed]