Beyoncé and Jay-Z may have relocated to sunny California, but word has it that the duo have picked up a condo in Brooklyn Bridge Park's contested development, Pierhouse. Jay-Z is, after all, a Brooklyn native.
Brooklyn Paper credits the rumor to a Brooklyn Bridge Park security guard who let the news slip to a long-time Brooklyn Heights local. To bolster the claim, Pierhouse hasn't denied the sale. "I wish that I could confirm that Jay-Z and Beyonce had bought at Pierhouse but I cannot confirm that," a PR person repping the development told Brooklyn Paper. To date, at least 78 of the building's 106 condos have gone into contract. Not included in that tally is the building's $10.49 million five-bedroom, four-bathroom apartment, which is the priciest in the development currently listed on StreetEasy. That means that if the rumors are true, Bey and Jay didn't opt for the building's priciest apartment. Now that's humility, right up there with the couple's $150,000/month LA rental.
· Are Jay-Z and Beyonce moving to Brooklyn Bridge Park? [Brooklyn Paper]
· Beyoncé and Jay Z Are Renting The Big Lebowski's Mansion For $150k a Month [Curbed LA]
· Touring the Model Unit at Pierhouse, Brooklyn Heights's Controversial Condos [Curbed]
· All Beyoncé coverage [Curbed]
· All Jay-Z coverage [Curbed]