Last summer, just months after getting a first glimpse inside the lovely, elusive cottage that sits atop 203 East 13th Street, the same structure was engulfed in flames during a fire. Luckily, the damage to the charming residence was minimal, and according to the New York Post, it's already back on the market—as a $17,000/month rental. The three-bedroom duplex sold for $4.4 million right before the fire happened, and the owner is surely betting on the home's renown to move it on the rental market.
So what does $17,000 per month get you? Aside from living in a ridiculously charming and unique pad, there are a number of lovely perks: exposed brick everywhere, hardwood floors, four wood-burning fireplaces, a gorgeous chef's kitchen, and an abundance of outdoor space (795 square feet, to be precise). The top level of the duplex could be called a master suite: in addition to the bedroom itself, there's an en-suite bathroom, a "sun room," and a small space that could function as a study or a dressing room. Seriously: who wouldn't want to live here?
· Listing: 203 East 13th Street PH4CD [Corcoran]
· East Village cottage resurrected after literally rising from the ashes [NYP]
· East Village Rooftop Cottage Engulfed In Flames [Curbed]
· Mysterious & Lovely East Village Rooftop Cottage In Contract [Curbed]
· See Inside the Mysterious Cottage Atop an East Village Building [Curbed]