The transformation of the Brooklyn Navy Yard’s one-million-square-foot Building 77 is moving along quite well. In fact, nearly all of the windows have been installed, Brownstoner reported. Built in 1942 as a general storage facility, only the top floors had windows, as they were the commandant’s offices. Building 77 will open to the public in 2017, with a food hall anchored by a new outpost of the Lower East Side’s Russ & Daughters.
The upper floors will feature office space with large floorplates and there will be a roof terrace with expansive views. Beyer Blinder Belle is overseeing the transformation under, under the auspices of the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation.
The Navy Yard is undergoing an overall transformation with a variety of developments, including a Wegmans on Admiral’s Row and shuttle bus to the subway. It will even be hosting an April 19 debate between Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders.
• Light-Bringing Makeover Preps Brooklyn Navy Yard’s Building 77 for New Life as Food Hall, Offices [Brownstoner]
• See the Brooklyn Navy Yard's Colossal Building 77 Before Reno [Curbed]
• Russ & Daughters to Anchor Brooklyn Navy Yard Food Hall [Curbed]
• NYC's First Wegmans Chosen to Replace Admiral's Row [Curbed]
• Brooklyn Navy Yard Will Get Free Shuttle To 13 Subway Lines [Curbed]
• Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders Will Face Off at the Brooklyn Navy Yard [Curbed]
• Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation [Official]