One of New York City’s most expensive homes for sale has managed to snag a buyer. According to The Real Deal, a penthouse in Robert A.M. Stern’s uberexclusive 15 Central Park West, asking an astonishing $59 million, has reportedly sold to a wealthy Chinese buyer.
The sprawling 40th-floor condo within the Limestone Jesus didn’t have to wait too long for its next owner. The 5,300-square-foot home, belonging to former Barclay’s CEO Bob Diamond, first appeared on the market last December. While the final sale price won’t likely hit public records for a while, TRD’s sources say it’ll likely sell for about $50 million.
The apartment itself has just four bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, a large eat-in kitchen, formal dining room, a private “entry gallery,” and a library with its own powder room and bar. The apartment doesn’t come with any outdoor space, but there are unobstructed Central Park views.
Several of the building’s other high-profile residents are looking to part ways with their absurdly expensive homes. Sting and wife Trudie Styler recently listed their stylish 16th and 17th floor duplex for $56 million, while financier and philanthropist Jeffrey C. Walker looks to unload his expansive four-bedroom apartment for $38 million.
- Chinese buyer shells out $50M for Bob Diamond’s 15 CPW penthouse: sources [The Real Deal]
- $59M penthouse is 15 Central Park West’s newest outrageous listing [Curbed]
- Sting's stylish 15 Central Park West duplex hits the market for $56M [Curbed]
- Philanthropist's refined 15 Central Park West pad lists for $38M [Curbed]
- All 15 Central Park West coverage [Curbed]