Here we go again; after a hellacious commute over Presidents Day weekend, New Yorkers can expect more of the same this weekend with several subway lines undergoing repair and maintenance work. Commuters along the 3 and 7 trains will bear the biggest brunt of the weekend closures with the 3 train not running whatsoever, and the 7 train operating with limited service. Here now is a breakdown of all the lines being impacted this weekend.
- There are no 1 trains between 96th and 137th Streets and uptown trains are skipping 79th and 86th Streets; 1 trains will run in two sections: between South Ferry and 96th Street and via the 3 line to 148th Street. And between 137th and 242nd Streets. There will be shuttle buses running between 96th and 137th Streets.
- Aside from the regular weekend schedule until this summer, downtown 2 trains will run local between 96th Street and Times Square-42nd Street. Uptown 2 trains will skip 79th and 86th Streets.
- 4 trains will run between Woodlawn/125th Street and Utica Ave. There are no 4 trains between Utica and New Lots Aves. Buses will replace service along the impacted line. 4 trains will run every 16 minutes between 125th Street and Woodlawn, and Woodlawn-bound trains will skip 161 St, 167 St, 170 St, Mt Eden Av and 176 St.
- There are no 7 trains between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square-42 St., instead they will run in two sections between Main St. and Queensboro Plaza and between Times Sq-42 St and 34 St-Hudson Yards. Furthermore 7 express trains are making local stops at 33, 40, 46, 52, 69 and 74 Sts. in both directions, and Flushing-bound trains will skip 82, 90, 103 and 111 Sts.
- A trains will run local in both directions between 125th and 59th Streets.
- World Trade Center-bound E trains will run local between 71 Av to Queens Plaza.
- Coney Island-bound D trains run local from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle, and skip 155th St., Union St, 4 Av-9 St, Prospect Av and 25 St; Norwood-bound D trains make local stops at 14 St and 23 St, and run local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 145 St.
- There is no F service between Church and Stillwell Aves; trains will run between 179 St and Church Av. Additionally Manhattan-bound F trains run local between 71 Av to 21 St-Queensbridge.
- There are no M trains between Essex Street and Broadway Junction; J trains provide alternate service.
- Astoria-bound N trains skip 39 Av and Broadway and run via the R line between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Canal St. Coney Island-bound trains run express between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 59 St, Brooklyn.
- 96th Street-bound Q trains run via the R line between DeKalb Av to Canal St.
- Bay Ridge-bound R trains run express from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 59 St, Brooklyn
- Special W service will run between Whitehall St and Ditmars Blvd, and Astoria-bound W trains will skip 39 Av and Broadway.
- There are no J trains between Broadway Junction and Jamaica Center; E trains and free shuttle buses will provide alternate service.
Be sure to check out the MTA’s Weekender website before heading out this weekend!