Start assembling your trivia team now!
As part of Archtober 2019, the monthlong architecture and design festival held annually in October, we will be hosting Curbed Trivia Night. Join Curbed NY editor Amy Plitt and Curbed senior story producer Diana Budds on Thursday, October 10, as they test your knowledge about architecture, design, and New York’s built environment. The event will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Threes Brewing (333 Douglass Street) in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Prizes and bragging rights abound!
Signing up as a team is optional. No more than six people per team. Register right now, right here.
Now in its ninth year, Archtober is organized by the Center for Architecture and includes more than 200 events across the five boroughs. The calendar can be quite daunting, but here are a few we’re looking forward to:
- Guggenheim Museum Silent Night: Kicking off Archtober in style! On Tuesday, October 1, at 7 p.m., visit the Guggenheim and take in the rotunda and galleries in complete quiet.
- Building of the Day series: From the supertall skyscraper One Vanderbilt and the recently opened Hunters Point Library to the newly renovated Museum of Modern Art and Michelin-starred Eleven Madison Park, there’s an architect-led walking tour for everyone, for every day in October.
- A History of New York in 27 Buildings: Curbed’s very own architecture critic, Alexandra Lange, will sit down with the New York Times’s Sam Roberts to share the stories behind our city’s most transformative structures. The panel takes place at the Museum of the City of New York on Monday, October 21, at 6:30 p.m.
- Workplace Wednesdays with Diller Scofidio + Renfro: Throughout Archtober, architecture and design firms open up their studios to curious onlookers, offering a peek at their processes. This year, get an insider’s look at the firm behind the Shed and 15 Hudson Yards on Wednesday, October 23, at 6 p.m.
- Pumpkitecture: Twenty architecture firms will gather at the Center for Architecture and carve pumpkins into architectural works to win the Pritzkerpumpkin on Friday, October 25, at 6 p.m.
Disclaimer: Curbed is an official 2019 Archtober media partner.