Good morning, and welcome to New York Minute, a new roundup of the New York City news you need to know about today. Send stories you think should be included to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BQE expert panel may recommend yet another panel
Instead of backing one of several proposals to reconstruct the triple-cantilevered road, after months of review the 16 architects, urban planners, and builders may recommend creating another panel made up of city, state, and federal representatives to craft an immediate solution to the deteriorating expressway and to develop a broader vision for the entire highway stretching from Staten Island to Queens.
And in other news...
- NYC Transit workers ratify a new union contract.
- Opponents to a controversial housing project in Crown Heights were arrested during a Thursday protest at the construction site.
- The United States Marshals Service will be the latest tenant to move into Industry City.
- The New York Times chronicled the rise and fall of the super-high-end condo in New York over the last decade.
- And finally, in probably the single greatest artistic representation of New York State, Gov. Andrew Cuomo designed a surreal poster that shows him steering a ship of “tolerance” “leadership,” and “accomplishment” through a “sea of division” and “squalls of hate.”